HUNTER high school students have the chance to gain “valuable” work experience in event management and a $2000 educational scholarship thanks to Tocal Field Days Association.
The association has launched a new scholarship program ahead of this year’s Tocal Field Days from May 1 to 3.
*** Book your excursion today for a special group rate of $6 per student ***
- School activity sheets
- Booking form
- School Excursion Venue & Safety Information
- Safety around animals
An excursion to Tocal Field Days is a fantastic educational opportunity for students of all ages. A number of activity sheets have been developed to meet the different stages of learning and key learning areas.
- We also provide a special bus parking area inside the event where you will be met by our ‘Schools Coordinator’ who will provide a safety briefing and a site induction.
- There are a number of shade shelters throughout the event where you can meet for lunch.
- ‘Tocal on Show’ showcases everything about Tocal College including horse demonstrations, sheep dog trials as well as safe quad bike and motorbike demonstrations.
- Once you enter the event you can catch the free shuttle to the Homestead for a step back in time.
- The special feature for 2020 is ‘Future Farming’ and there will be carp catching opportunities, learning how to cast workshops and the popular ‘touch tank’ will be back as well.
Please consider a visit to Tocal Field Days for an educational rural experience.
Bake or Burn Competition 2020
Who will take home the coveted ‘Bake or Burn’ wooden spoon in 2020?
The 2019 winner Bulahdelah High School will be back to defend their crown.
High School students are invited to enter a team again this year with the key ingredient being on plant-based foods as well as a focus on ‘rescued’ ingredients and waste minimisation.
Please complete your application to secure your place in the heats
Talent at Tocal
Musically talented students aged from 10 – 18 years of age are encouraged to audition to be part of the Talent at Tocal program throughout the Tocal Field Days weekend. Auditions in March, if needed.
For more information on the School Education Program contact Wendy Franklin on (02) 4939 8820 or email email@example.com